Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our Babymoon in Galveston

Getting some sun on that belly

Relaxing at the pool

At Hotel Galvez

Brian and I about to go on our bicycle ride, that I was too short to pedal

We had so much fun on our weekend trip! Brian and I went to Galveston and stayed at the beautiful Hotel Galvez. We both took a half day on Friday and stopped downtown to eat at Ziggy's, man, I love their healthy queso! Then we headed to Galveston. Once we got their we took a little tour of the beautiful hotel. Then we decided to go to the strand and walk around. We stopped by the chocolate factory and had a chocolate dipped twinkie, YUMMMMY!!! Then we went to the ever so touristy Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. After dinner we went to the seawall and walked along the side the gorgeous beach, no sarcasm there ;). On Saturday morning we went to the DELICIOUS brunch buffet that they had downstairs, then we went for a walk on the seawall, then headed to the fitness center in Hotel Galvez. After a good long workout we went to the pool to lay out for a couple of hours. For lunch we went to Mosquito Cafe, OMG, I totally recommend this place. It was one of the best lunches I ever had. It was rated #1 on trip advisor for best place to eat in Galveston. After lunch we went back to the pool, then we decided to go on a little bike ride. We got in the little golf cart looking things that you have to pedal, it was fun at the beginning, but I was too short to pedal, so poor Brian had to do all of the pedaling. Later that night we went to dinner at a little Mediteranean cafe on the strand.
It was a very relaxing, enjoyable trip that was much needed.I slept the best I've slept since I've been pregnant. It was a great getaway before little Harper gets here. We will definitely need to make sure to continue to do little getaways once she is here too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment